It’s officially Pancake Day and just because you’ve got a food intolerance, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy them! We’ve found the perfect recipes for our gluten-free and dairy-free friends that are so good, you won’t be able to tell the difference. All of these recipes will serve you about 6 crepe style pancakes – just double the recipe to make more!
Gluten-Free Pancake Ingredients:
- 125g gluten-free flour or coconut flour
- 1 egg (two if you’ve used coconut flour)
- 250 ml of milk
- Oil for frying
Whisk together all your ingredients in a bowl, pop your pan on medium heat and cook slowly with a bit of oil. Enjoy!
Dairy-Free Pancakes Ingredients:
- 125g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 250 ml of almond, coconut or unsweetened soya milk
- Oil for frying
Whisk together all your ingredients in a bowl, again pop your pan on medium heat and cook slowly with a little oil. Eat up!
Vegan Pancake Ingredients:
- 125g flour (any kind)
- 225ml almond, coconut or unsweetened soya milk
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- A little more coconut oil for frying
These are a little different to above. Whisk together your flour and milk substitute until smooth, then stir in the 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and place the batter in the fridge for 5 mins. Heat up your pan to medium heat with some more oil and cook your pancakes as normal!
Topping ideas –
We all know that the toppings are the best part of Pancake Day and everyone likes something different. Here are a few of our favourites plus a couple of substitutes for intolerance’s:
- Classic sugar and lemon – everyone can enjoy!
- A layer of creamy Nutella – if you can’t have dairy, why not try peanut butter, almond butter or a dairy-free hazelnut butter?
- Fried bananas and a handful of strawberries – fresh and delicious!
- Blueberries and honey – both full of antioxidants
- Banana’s and brazil nuts – get in some protein!
Have you got a favourite pancake topping that we’ve missed out? Comment below or let us know on Facebook!